The oracle module provides a database driver for Oracle databases.
Requires qore 0.8.6+ and oracle 9i+ headers and libraries to build in order for complete functionality to be supported (also works with the Oracle instant client).
module documentation: http://qore.org/manual/modules/oracle/current/oracle/html/index.html
RPMs for Linux can be found at the opensuse build service here: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/misc/
Mac OS/X users can install this module by using macports by issuing the following command
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port -vu install qore-oracle-module
The portfile can be found here: http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/lang/qore-oracle-module/Portfile
The "oracle" DBI driver is stable and has been extensively tested (it gets hammered daily handling GB of data in production use).
- transaction management is supported
- automatic transparent character set conversion is supported when necessary
- threading support
- it's possible to call functions and procedures
- the "optimal-numbers" option is set by default as of module version 2.2
- supports a server timezone setting for correctly handling date/time value when communicating with a DB server in another time zone
- it's possible to bind and retrieve *LOB values
- named types, nested tables, collections are supported for binding by value and retrieving on output
- the prepared statement API is support (SQLStatement class)
The driver's name is "oracle" and the Datasource type constant is SQL::DSOracle
my Datasource $db(DSOracle);
my Datasource $db("oracle");