Qore 0.8.4 has recently been released after more than 6 months of intensive effort bringing major new features to Qore as well as some important bug fixes.
Some of the highlights of this release are:
- the ability to develop and use user modules (ie modules written in Qore); 4 user modules are now shipped with Qore:
- pseudo-methods - so each type now has a "pseudo-class" whose methods can be run on any value of that type (ex: "this is a string".size())
- rewritten more logical and comprehensive namespace handling
- much improved documentation, generated directly from the Qore C++ source code
- many new functions, methods, enhancements, etc
- see the complete release notes for detailed information